- Terminals running the default shell are only
considered to be running (when confirming close actions)
if the shells have child processes. This may only work
- This version supports the saving and restoring
of named user sessions.
- The initial number of tabs profile option has
been removed; its functionality is better served by
- The GTK2 version has been dropped and only the
vte-2.91 API (vte 0.38 or newer) is supported. You
may need to change the background opacity setting (now
found in the Appearance section of your profile) when
upgrading from an earlier version.
- mscript.py now uses python3 by default, but is
backwards compatible with python2. python3-lockfile is
relatively new so you may need to explicitly run
mscript.py in python2. To do this when building a
Debian package edit debian/rules and change the
dependencies in debian/control.
- Supports launching of SSH sessions from matched URIs or hostnames, while common
VCS URIs are matched for copying to the clipboard.
- Allows Shortcuts profiles to be edited as text
for GTK+ 3.10 and newer.
- Fixed background transparency support for recent versions of
VTE/GTK (compositing window manager required?).
- Terminal background options are disabled when using a recent version of
VTE which deprecates them.
- Translations are now enabled.
- SF project has been upgraded with new git repository.
- New behaviour for -e (see man page).
- Several new features and bug-fixes.
- Debian packaging now managed by git-buildpackage.
- Removed autoconf support.
- Improved close window/tab warning options.
- Implemented dark theme option.
- --tab only reuses windows on current workspace.
- Generated graphics are included in tarballs.
- Ubuntu PPA moved to
- New bespoke build system, maitch.
- Uses GTK+3 by default, GTK+2 support still
- Added search functionality.
- Added support for file URIs.
- Much improved tab bar.
- Uses GtkBuilder instead of libglade.
- Improved compositing support.
- Added --role option.
- --xclass and --xname options removed.
--name and/or --class are alternatives but should be used in conjunction with --separate.
Use --role if you need a per-window identifier.
- Tries to avoid creating redundant session state files.
Consider running 'rm ~/.config/roxterm.sourceforge.net/Sessions/*'
to clean up the stale files created before this version.
- Support TERM setting with vte >= 0.26.
- Command line options to set window class hints.
- Window title can be configured in profiles.
- Improved terminal geometry management.
- Changes to tab/window title handling.
- New website design by Cameron Sampson.
- Spanish translation by Félix Medrano Sanz.
- Switched from subversion (svn) to git for VCS.
- Rewritten code for multiple tab management.
- Supports X session management.
- Rudimentary ssh support.
- Profile editor redesign, including new fullscreen & maximise options.
- New menu items to open a terminal with a specific profile.
- Ability to restart a command.
- Always show tabs is on by default and single tabs only take up as much space as they need.
- Options to warn before closing windows
- Use -T instead of -t to set title (for x-terminal-emulator)
- New --tab option
- Man pages are in main distribution instead of Debian only
- i18n support
- Fixed command line parsing
- "Hidden" tabs option
- --title option
- Fixed and improved colour scheme dialog
- Terminal title bar string can be customised
- Enhanced tab options (mostly thanks to Sven Schnelle)
- Added zoom and fullscreen facilities
- New windows/tabs have same cwd as the terminal they're opened from
- Official Debian packages are available for 1.5.2 onwards instead of my unofficial ones
- CLI options have changed
- Removed extraneous Debian packages
- Many messages are now shown in dialog boxes instead of logged to console
- Added option to wrap around when switching tabs
- Encodings are a separate family of settings instead of being part of a profile
- Much improved drag & drop support
- roxterm-capplet renamed to roxterm-config
- Runs all terminals in a single process by default
- Terminal window and capplet background image widget are now drag & drop destinations.
- CVS discontinued. Use subversion (svn) fron now on.
- Migration to keyfile options done! Make sure you read README if you were using an older version.
- Everything now apparently complete and working except for docs. Going to use keyfiles instead of XML before release.
- Nearly everything now works (or seems to!) save for roxterm taking appropriate action when a shortcut scheme is renamed or deleted.
- The profile editor dialogue is just about complete, including keyboard shortcuts, but not yet tooltips (tomorrow)
- Added functional background tab to profile editor.
- Can't be bothered to maintain a fully detailed changelog any more. Nobody could possibly be that interested,
and if they were they could use CVS anyway. This will probably have a knock-on effect on NEWS and make it confined to
full releases and stuff not directly related to code changes.
- Now installs correctly when not using ROX
- Terminal can now launch capplet to edit current profile
- Matches email addresses and launches mailer
- A working, but incomplete capplet, using dbus 0.22
- Shortcuts XML file has changed from using attributes to content for key name
- I've started building the config applet. It opens a dialogue but doesn't do much with it yet